Champaign-Urbana Design Organization
Reflections of Web Con: Attendee PechaKucha Showcase
Friday, April 8, 3:45-4:45pm
This is your opportunity to take the virtual stage and share with the Web Con community! In the PechaKucha format, speakers use 20 slides and 20 seconds per slide to tell authentic and engaging stories. You can get the idea from these presentations that were given in person several years ago. In this session, we’ll be featuring PechaKucha presentations created by attendees during the conference. Topics could range from “a day in the life” of a web professional, your favorite new design trend, a reflection on Web Con sessions, or anything else that captures your imagination.
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR SLIDES FOR WEB CON PechaKucha SHOWCASE
- Your presentation MUST consist of 20 individual slides that have been saved as
JPEGs at a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Please do not use slide animations or transitions used during the show.
- Use high resolution images as much as possible.
- BEFORE you begin creating your presentation, set your presentation dimensions correctly for your software.
- In PowerPoint your slides should be set to 4:3 ratio by default.
- In Keynote be sure to start with a 1024 x 768 pixel slide size (not the default of 800 x 600).
- When you are finished making your presentation, save your file name as your last name, an underscore, pkncu (Ex. Smith_pkncu). Doing this will make exporting your slides as JPEG files easier because all 20 of your JPEG files will be automatically named and numbered correctly.
- Now you will save a version of the presentation as JPEG files. (This is the most crucial step.)
- In PowerPoint choose File > Save As > Choose JPEG > Set the Size Dimension Options to 1024 x 768. Each version of PowerPoint is a little different on this step, so let us know if you need help with this part.
- In Keynote choose Export > Images > Next. Each version of Keynote is a little different on this step, so let us know if you need help with this part.
- After you have saved your images, PowerPoint or Keynote will have made 20 slides and named them with numbers. Please ensure that the slides have been named and numbered properly. The file names should look like this: Example: 01_Smith_pkncu.jpg
- Please place your 20 numbered and named JPEG images in this Box folder by 1 p.m., Friday, April 8.